Living Stone Construction understand the importance of using “spray foam” to insulate every home we build for many reasons, the most important being the energy efficiency Spray foam insulation offers numerous benefits that traditional cellulose or fiberglass insulation fail to provide. Here are a few of the reasons why this kind of insulation is an ideal, energy-efficient alternative to its counterparts.
- Spray foam insulation fills gaps
- Spray foam insulation expands up to 100 times its volume when it is applied to surfaces, filling gaps that might otherwise cause air leakage. Meanwhile, cellulose and fiberglass can be loosely packed, which can result in drafty spots or stuffy areas in a building.
- Spray foam insulation is healthier
- Spray foam insulation is eco-friendly and helps keep allergens and pollutants outside of homes and businesses.
- Spray foam insulation helps protect against water – Cellulose and fiberglass insulation both absorb water, which could cause structural damage to a property. By contrast, spray foam insulation’s seal is vapour permeable, helping to prevent the formation of mildew and mold. Additionally, while pests such as mice or rats sometimes use traditional cellulose or fiberglass insulation to build nests, they are not attracted to spray foam insulation.