The RESNET HERS Index is the industry standard by which a home’s energy efficiency is measured. The HERS or Home Energy Rating System was developed by RESNET and is the nationally recognized system for inspecting and calculating a home’s energy performance. Certified RESNET Home Energy Raters conduct inspections to verify a home’s energy performance and determine what improvements can be made to increase it. For more information click on RESNET HERS Index
Across the nation state and local governments are adding a HERS Index Score target as a performance compliance option to their building energy code.
The reasons why a HERS Index Score is being tied into energy codes include:
- The inspection and testing protocols are established in RESNET’s national home energy rating standards. RESNET is a national not-for-profit membership standard setting organization. It is accredited by the American National Energy Standards Institute (ANSI) as a Standard Development Organization.
- The professionals that undertake the inspection and performance testing are certified following RESNET’s standards stringent training and testing procedures.
- All certified RESNET home energy raters are subject to RESNET’s quality assurance oversight procedures.
- The RESNET national home energy rating standards are recognized by the federal government (U.S. Department of Energy, Environmental Protection Agency, Internal Revenue Service) and the mortgage industry.
- The HERS Index is a trusted measurement of the energy performance of a home. Over one million homes have been issued a HERS Index Score in the US.
Every home that Living Stone Builds is certified through the Home Energy Rating System to save YOU money.